Today is officially World Book Day – so we thought it would be a nice idea to put together a list of books aimed at helping those suffering with mental health issues.
Although it sometimes seems like the last thing you want to do on a down day, research has shown that reading just a few pages a day can reduce symptoms of depression and improve well-being, so here are a few of the top-rated reads that could improve mental health.
1. The Self-Care Project: How To Let Go of Frazzle and Make Time For You by Jayne Hardy: £12.99, Orion Spring
2. The Anxiety Solution: A Quieter Mind, a Calmer You by Chloe Brotheridge: £12.99, Michael Joseph
3. Recharge: A Year of Self-Care to Focus on You by Julie Montagu: £12.99, Piatkus
4. The Power of the Subconcious Mind by Joseph Murphy: £2.99, Ebay
5. The Secret: Rhonda Byrne: £12.99, Kobo
For people who have difficulty reading and with concentration, some of the above are also available as audio-books, so you can simply sit back comfortably and listen to them at your own pace, and in your own time.